Our contact details:
Name: Gillian Walker, Simply Books 123
Address: Alloa Business Centre, Whins Road, Alloa FK10 3SA
Phone Number: 07443 763999
This privacy notice was first created on 1st December 2020 and last updated on 19th February 2021
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
· Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
· If you contact us directly, written correspondence and summaries of telephone conversations and other verbal communication may be collected.
· Information relating to payments for services provided including the amount of the payment the payment dates, the service provided, the date the service was provided and whether payment was accepted or rejected by the third-party payment gateway.
· Information provided to Simply Books 123 or gathered by Simply Books 123 during the performance of the contracted services.
· Financial information required to make payments to suppliers and to receive payments from customers.
· In the course of our business, we shall process the Personal Data we receive directly from you (for example, by you completing forms, sending us papers or from you corresponding with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise) and your Personal Data which we receive from any other source.
· We shall only process your Personal Data to fulfil and/or enable us to satisfy the terms of our obligations and responsibilities in our role as your Bookkeeper or for any other specific purposes permitted by the Data Protection Act 2018 and related regulations. Should we deem it necessary to process your Personal Data for purposes outside and/or beyond the reasons for which it was originally collected, we will contact you first, to inform you of those purposes and our intent.
How we get the personal information and why we have it:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
· When you visit, download, and/or use any of the services on our website or social media presence, we may collect aggregated usage Personal Information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on these platforms, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying Personal Information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc
· We use of several communications systems which gathers Personal Information which is processed in accordance with the following policies
· Your payment will be processed by Royal Bank of Scotland who collect, use and process your information, including payment information, in accordance with their privacy policies. which can be found at https://personal.rbs.co.uk/personal/privacy-policy.html
· We use Intuit QuickBooks to process your financial information and the information processed by Intuit QuickBooks is processed in accordance with the Privacy Policies which can be found at https://www.intuit.com/privacy/.
· We make use of Microsoft Products to process your personal data for the purposes stated in this policy. Personal Data processed on Microsoft Information systems are processed in accordance with the privacy policies which can be found at https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacy.
We use the information that you have given us in order to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• To deliver the services you have requested.
• To improve our services.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
We may share this information with relevant tax and regulatory authorities, parcel and mail delivery organisations or payment processing organisations, for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations.
We may share information (Name, Business Name, Phone Number and Generic Business Description) with trusted third party financial and legal service providers for the purpose of effecting introductions. This sharing of personal data is carried out only with the prior consent of the data subject on an individual basis.
We may use a number of third party professional services providers, necessary to run our business, such as IT, web developers, financial and legal professional services suppliers. Your information will be shared with these service providers where necessary to provide you with the service you have requested, whether that is accessing our website or sharing accounts information with us.
We do not display the identities of our service providers publicly by name for security and competitive reasons. If you would like further information about the identities of our service providers, however, please contact us directly by email and we will provide you with such information where you have a legitimate reason for requesting it and where we have shared your information with such service providers.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting:
Simply Books 123
Alloa Business Centre
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information:
Information provided by you of provided to you while you are outwith the UK and EU will be transferred outwith the EU.
We retain all data generated in the delivery of the contracted service, during the period of the service and for an additional 7 years thereafter. Customer records with the exception of contact information and a summary of the work undertaken with that client shall be archived within a period of 1 year following the termination of the service delivery period.
We shall retain personal data in the form of contact information and a summary of work undertaken and communications between us and the data subjects for a period of 3 years beyond the final communication we have with that person. After a period of three years that information shall be deleted from our information systems unless we are under a legal or regulatory obligation to retain that information.
Upon deletion, personal data shall be, in the case of paper record, shredded and in the case of electronic records shall be deleted and the storage devices overwritten to ensure that data cannot be recovered. Physical and electronic data media shall be stored in a locked location during any archival period.
Your data protection rights - Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at:
Simply Books 123
Alloa Business Centre
if you wish to make a request.
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk